Italian Tortellini Salad
Prep Time: 20 min
20 oz Fresh Tortellini
3/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 T Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Honey
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper, Freshly Ground
3 oz Italian Dry Salami, Cut into strips
1/2 C Sun Dried Tomatoes Packed in Oil, Chopped
3/4 C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 C Fresh Spinach
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Toss together tortellini, salami, tomatoes, cheese, and dressing. Store salad in the refrigerator. Add spinach just prior to serving.
- Salad can be made 24 hours ahead of time.
This pasta salad is light yet filling. It can be used as a side or make it a main dish by adding some fresh baked bread. The best part is that it can be made the night before. I entertain a lot, and more often than not I have too many things I “planned” to do before company comes so this “make ahead” salad is a life saver. Best part about this salad? It is delectable!
Banana Split Sticks
Prep Time: 20 min
Serves: 6 - two sticks per person
6 Fresh Strawberries
1/4 Fresh Pineapple, Cored
1 C Chocolate Almond Bark or Candy Melts
1/4 C Chopped Peanuts
12 Popsicle Sticks
- Cut strawberries in half. Cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Slide a pineapple, then banana, and lastly strawberry on the popsicle stick.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place chopped nuts on a small plate. Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip cold fruit into chocolate and then into nuts. Keep refrigerated till serving time.
Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
Prep Time: 5 min
5 C Simply Lemonade
3 C Sprite
1 Pint Strawberries Hulled and Diced
- Dip glasses into lemonade then into sugar that has been placed in a shallow dish. Let dry.
- Freeze diced strawberries.
- Divide strawberries into the four glasses. Divide lemonade and sprite and pour into the glasses.
- Vodka or white wine can be added to the drink if you prefer them to be alcoholic.
This is a refreshing drink for a hot summer day! It is fun, fruity and the Sprite adds an extra zip of flavor. Other fruits such as raspberries, peaches and blueberries could also be used. This drink is a must have for the 4th of July or any gathering this summer.
Boji Burger Bar
2 lbs Ground Beef
6 T Butter
6 Hamburger Buns
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Loosely form approximately a 1/3 pound burger. Make an indent in the middle of the burger with your finger. Press one tablespoon of cold butter into the middle of the burger. Cover the butter with 1-2 tablespoons of ground beef.
- Grill to your desired doneness. Rare 120-130°, Medium Rare 130-135°, Medium 135-140°, Medium Well 145-155°, Well 155°+ Pull meat 10° lower than these temperatures as the meat continues to cook before it is eaten.
- Topping Suggestions: Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, BBQ Sauce, Guacamole, Pickles, Onions, Lettuce, Assorted Cheeses, Bacon, Tomato.