Simply Delicious by Cyndee Dather
Brrrrrrrrr winter temperatures have arrived in a blustery fashion. Warm up with “Chili Pot Pies” by combining your favorite chili and toppings with savory cornbread. The combination is a true comfort food.
Dark chocolate with smooth Irish whiskey results in a luxurious hot chocolate that will warm your senses as well as your soul. “Boozy Indulgent Hot Chocolate” will definitely keep you warm while it is snowing outside.
A a batch of “Winning Italian Nachos” is a sumptuous appetizer or even a meal. The crunch of the wontons and savory sausage are the base for a unique taste.
My favorite concoction of all is “Boji Hoagie Dip.” It is like having a mini sub sandwich without all the bread. The simple dressing splendidly coats the meats and cheeses. I did several taste tastings with family, friends and even strangers and it is rated number #1.
Enjoy your time inside under a warm throw reading a book or catching up on the latest series. Currently my favorites are Yellowstone, 1883, and All Creatures Great and Small.
Outdoors, there are a multitude of things to do like ice fishing and skating. Either option always needs some great food!
Boozy Indulgent Hot Chocolate
Prep time: 3 Minutes • Cook time: 5 minutes • Servings: 2 • Author: Camilla Hawkins
1 oz Dark Chocolate Broken into Pieces
1 oz Baileys Chocolat Luxe*
5 oz Semi-Skimmed or Whole Milk
1 oz Cream
Mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and grated dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
(Don’t let the bowl touch the water)
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and cream in a small pan over low heat until hot (Don’t boil)
- Once the chocolate has melted remove the bowl from the pan and whisk in the Baileys Chocolat Luxe.
- Then whisk in the hot milk and cream.
- Pour into two cups.
- Decorate with mini marshmallows or whipped cream and grated chocolate if wished.
- Can also be chilled and served cold on a warm day!
* If you ever dream of chocolate Irish cream (we certainly do), we’ve got the best news. Rich, luxurious, Baileys chocolate liqueur. Crammed with Irish dairy cream, fine spirits including smooth Irish whiskey, tasty Belgian chocolate flavor and other ingredients and flavors. Baileys Chocolat Luxe is a bottle of grown-up chocolate loveliness. Who said dreams can’t come true?
Chili Pot Pies
Makes: 4 · Baking Temperature: 350 Degrees
4 C Dark chocolate broken into pieces
8 oz “Jiffy” Corn muffin mix
1/3 C Milk
4 9oz Oven proof ramekins*
- Pour one cup of room temperature chili into each ramekin that is prepared with cooking spray.
- Follow instructions on muffin mix box. Let batter sit five minutes.
- Using a spoon place 1/4 of the muffin mix on top of each chili serving.
- Bake 12-17 minutes until golden brown. Test doneness with toothpick.
- Some things you might want to add into the muffin mix are finely chopped: jalapeño peppers, onions, broccoli, cheese, roasted red peppers.
* Ramekin-A small dish in which food can be baked and served.
Boji Hoagie Dip
1/4 lb Ham
1/4 lb Pepperoni
1/4 lb Turkey
8 oz Cheese in total (Suggestions: cheddar, American, provolone, pepper, marble jack, or gouda)
1/2 C Red onion, diced
1/2 C Mayonnaise
1 T Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 t Italian Seasoning
1 Baguette cut into 1/2" slices
3 C Leafy Greens (Suggestions: bib, romaine, endive, spinach)
1 Tomato (cut in half, then lay tomato on side and thinly slice)
- Dice ham, pepperoni, turkey, cheeses and onion.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar and Italian seasoning together. Pour over meats, cheeses, and onion. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Just before serving place tomatoes and chopped lettuce around the meat and cheese mixture on a serving platter.
- Serve with baguette slices.
Winning Italian Nachos
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 T Red wine vinegar
2 T Olive oil
1/2 t Black pepper
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t Salt
1/2 C Chopped or Sliced black olives
1/2 C Diced tomatoes
1 1/2 lb Italian sausage
1 Jar Alfredo sauce
3 C Shredded mozzarella cheese
16 oz Wonton Chips
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar, oil, pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir in olives and tomatoes. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Brown sausage and break up into small chunks. In a colander drain the sausage.
- Heat Alfredo sauce according to jar directions.
- Spread 1/2 of the wontons on the bottom of a bake/serve pan. Drizzle 1/2 of the Alfredo sauce on top of the chips. Distribute 1/2 of sausage on top of the Alfredo/chips. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese on the sausage. Repeat this layering one more time.
- Heat in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle tomato mixture on top. Serve.