For Your Recipe Box
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
1 (8 oz) Jar Oil-Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
4 t Italian Seasoning
1 t Paprika or Smoked Paprika
3/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 T Salted Butter
1 Medium Shallot, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 lb Short Cut Pasta
1 C Heavy Cream
2 t Dijon Mustard
2 C Baby Spinach
Juice Of 1 Lemon
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
- Drain 3 tablespoons of oil from the sun-dried tomato jar into a large pot or skillet with sides. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Set the pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, 3 t Italian seasoning, the paprika, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 C parmesan, cook another minute, then remove the chicken from the pot.
- To the same pot, add the butter, shallot, garlic, and 1 t Italian seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add 3 1/2 C water. Bring to a boil, add the pasta, and cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 8 minutes. Stir in the cream, mustard, parmesan, spinach, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Slide the chicken and any juices left on the plate.
- Serve the pasta topped with lemon juice and fresh parmesan.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
1 T Butter
½ Onion, chopped
¼ C Butter, Melted
¼ C Flour
2 C Milk
2 C Chicken Stock
1 ½ C Broccoli Florets, coarsely chopped
1 C Matchstick Carrots
1 Celery Stalk, thinly sliced
2 ½ C Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk 1/4 C melted butter and flour together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to whisk and cook, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add milk while whisking constantly; stir in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, celery, and sautéed onion; simmer until all the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted; season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
3 C Water
2 Packets Active Dry Yeast
1 T Salt
4 T Butter, melted
7-9 C Flour
2 T + 1/2 t Granulated Sugar, divided
- Combine water, yeast, and ½ t of the sugar in a small bowl. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Cover until mixture is foamy, about 5 min.
- In large bowl, add salt, remaining sugar, butter, yeast mixture, and 3 ½ cups flour; mix. Slowly add flour (1 cup at a time) until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes. The dough shouldn't be "sticky", but may barely stick to your finger. Add more flour, as needed. Knead for 2-3 more minutes.
- Lightly spray another large bowl with nonstick spray and transfer the dough to that bowl. (Flip dough over so both sides are coated with spray). Cover and let it rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Pick up one section of the dough and pat down with your hands to remove air. Use hands to gently fold the dough into a tight ball.
- Cover the rolls lightly with a piece of plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled, about 30-40 more minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 min. Allow to cool for 15 min.